Monday Blues: Spring ’16, Week 10

Hundred - 1010

Sorry, still no Boku no Hero Academia coverage for now. It’s taking longer to watch those episodes than I thought. Alright, onto the rest of the rejects.

Big Order Ep. 8

Big Order - 0809

Did anything interesting happen in this week’s episode? Um… Gennai looks nothing like the father in Sena’s memories, so something’s off there. I wonder if she has false memories. The girl also tries to clear Eiji’s name to the rest of the world, but Gennai is one step ahead of her. And for a supposed father figure, he acts pretty inappropriately around his so-called daughter. But this is Big Order, so I’m not sure what I expected. Eiji tries to save his sister, but gets his limbs lopped off. Nevertheless, he uses his Order to, uh, force his severed limbs to act as normal anyways. But y’know, that’s why you have Hiiragi on your side. Since he can hit CTRL-Z most of the time, our hero is all healed up by the end of the episode. Unfortunately, he finds himself handcuffed to a hospital bed, and not only that, Iyo wants to make babies. Welp. Just two more painful episodes to go.

Big Order - 0801Big Order - 0802Big Order - 0803Big Order - 0804 Big Order - 0805Big Order - 0806Big Order - 0807Big Order - 0808

Endride Ep. 10

Endride - 1007

The big takeaway from this week’s episode is that warp particles are disappearing or declining. If this keeps up, something very, very bad will happen to Endora. Meanwhile, Delzaine desperately wants to reach the surface, but he won’t tell anyone why. I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the disappearing warp particles. Tensions remain high between humans and the Zoozians, and it appears that Louise is a good-for-nothing traitor. I knew we couldn’t trust those Zoozians. Other than that, it was a pretty unremarkable episode. Character-wise, nobody really took any significant step forward in their development. Shun doesn’t think Emilio should commit murder just to avenge his father, but all Emilio ever says is, “You don’t understand!” Emilio doesn’t think Shun would care one way or another about Endora, and this offends the latter enough to throw a punch. Meh.

Endride - 1001Endride - 1002Endride - 1003Endride - 1004 Endride - 1005Endride - 1006Endride - 1008Endride - 1009

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Ep. 10

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1009

Every single time a haremette is a princess of some made-up European country, the cast must inevitably pay said country a visit. There’s some political drama about Liseeltania being a puppet state, and how Julis’s apolitical brother serves as the puppet ruler. She wants to do something about it, but I’ve already lost interest. What else happened? Oh yeah, Saya apologizes for abandoning Ayato. Apparently, when she moved abroad, it became too painful to keep up their friendship, which she now deeply regrets. After all, when he lost his sister, she wasn’t there to comfort him. Boo hoo. Say, doesn’t she look way too young to be a haremette? Isn’t Kirin also just 13? Y’know what? Don’t answer that. I don’t really want to know. Finally, Claudia wants everyone to team up with her in some new, shitty tournament, and some old dude sics a chimera on our hero to prevent this from happening. But of course, a chimera is no big deal for our hero. I’m just curious how long this series is going to be. I thought the second season was coming to an end soon, but it doesn’t look like we’re anywhere close to a finale.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1002Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1003Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1004Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1005 Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1006Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1007Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1010Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - 1011

Hundred Ep. 10

Hundred - 1005

Not much here to talk about either. Hm, this seems to be a recurring theme this week. But yeah, Little Garden is having a little celebratory shindig, which means harem hijinks at a maid cafe and some terrible attempts at JPOP. Oh, who am I kidding? All JPOP is horrible. But yeah, the maid cafe chews up way too much clock, leaving very little room for any possible plot development. And all you get from it is some tame boob-squeezing action. Elsewhere, Vitaly has somehow mind-controlled Wendy, and with the latter’s help, she manages to bypass Little Garden’s lax defenses. On a separate note, I always thought Vitaly was a guy’s name, but I guess it’s unisex like Leslie or Francis. But that’s not really all that important. In fact, nothing this week is all that important. Um, Karen has a Hundred now, and this allows her to float in one place and sing. Just don’t ask me to describe the singing.

Hundred - 1001Hundred - 1002Hundred - 1003Hundred - 1004 Hundred - 1006Hundred - 1007Hundred - 1008Hundred - 1009

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta. Ep. 9

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0907

In a Rusian-less episode, the girls have a sleepover in order to finish up their summer homework. It’s a pretty unremarkable episode. I mean, what are the story’s main attractions? One, the MMO gimmick, and two, Rusian and Ako’s slightly quirky relationship. This week’s episode features very little of either. The other girls come to a better understanding of Ako’s logic, and uh… I want to say Ako and Akiyama are friends now, but I’m not sure if that’s really the case. Eh, I’m just going to move onto the next show.

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0903Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0904Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0905Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0906 Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0908Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0910Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0911Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta - 0913

Seisen Cerberus Ep. 10

Seisen Cerberus - 1007

And what a show it is. It turns out the anime pulled a bait and switch on us. Remember how we’ve been harping on Hiiro’s uselessness for the past nine weeks? Well, that’s because Giruu has been purposely training him wrong! Just kidding, Giruu’s too much of a bro for that. But like father, like son: Hiiro can’t do jack with a sword, because he’s not supposed to. Instead, he has the potential to become an all-powerful mage much like Bairo. Master Theo has the boy hero doing all sorts of dumb exercises like crumbling and uncrumbling a piece of paper with Soraato’s face on it. Hiiro’s patience wears thin, because nobody will tell the poor kid the truth. And why not? Supposedly, he’s got so much magic potential that it could spell disaster. So in the end, he walks away from Master Theo completely clueless of the magical abilities at his fingertips. He still thinks he’s going to save the day with that crappy sword of his. Anyways, the episode ends with Erin’s cover being blown. I doubt anyone’s going to hurt a big-boobed catgirl, though.

Seisen Cerberus - 1001Seisen Cerberus - 1002Seisen Cerberus - 1003Seisen Cerberus - 1004 Seisen Cerberus - 1005Seisen Cerberus - 1006Seisen Cerberus - 1008Seisen Cerberus - 1009

If I had to pick a show, I guess Seisen Cerberus was the most enjoyable to watch out of these six shows. My mind, however, is already looking forward to what I’m going to watch next season. So far, these are the shows I’ll definitely cover in one form or another:

• 91Days
  • Battery
  • Berserk
  • DAYS
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • orange
  • ReLIFE
  • Shokugeki no Soma: Ni no Sara

I’ll do a summer preview post when we get a little closer to Q3, but yeah, this is what I’ve got for now. And on top of this list, I’ll still be covering Endride, Kuromukuro, and Re:Zero. Last week, I asked what you guys were looking forward to. Well, are there any shows missing from the list above that you guys think I should consider writing about?

22 thoughts on “Monday Blues: Spring ’16, Week 10

1. Karandi

It really is diappointing how few of the shows this season have been engaging. Though, I guess there is an audience for them it just isn’t me at the moment. Looking forward to next season as well.

I always look forward to the next season no matter what. It’s always exciting to watch new stuff… then the freshness wears off in a couple of weeks.

2. zztop

(Un)fortunately, Asterisk War won’t be continuing into the summer. The studio was only commissioned to make just the 2 seasons, and it’s severely underperformed amongst local fans to not warrant another season being made.

Also, there’s not enough material. The recent volume 10 concluded the latest shitty tournament/Gryps Festa, but there’s still one more major tournament arc for the author to write. Presumably most of the mysteries surrounding Ayato’s sister will only be revealed then, since nothing major’s been explained yet about her. Ayato’s become super OP in Vol 10 though, having broken (IIRC) all his seals though.

3. Phillips

Battery looks interesting.

I never cared about Rewrite, since it’s from Key, but then I found out it was written by Romeo Tanaka and not the overrated Jun Maeda. Maybe it would be interesting to check that out to see if it’s decent at best or complete trash.

A Silent Voice movie is coming if that peaks your interesting.

And nothing else notable for summer.

4. Alyson Hart

Can’t wait for this season to be over! It’s been so, so boring. Hopefully the next season won’t be too disappointing, although it’s never a good idea to get your hopes up when it comes to anime, sadly.

I don’t get my hopes up anymore. It’s just about seeing something new and different. Like at work, the most exciting time is when they hire new people.

1. elior1

i never expect anything. i just trying every show first 2 episodes and then decide if it watchable for me

5. Thatoneguywhoreallylikespotatoes

If there were any more anime of the new season that I’m considering to watch is probably

Handa-kun (spin-off of Barakamon , comedy anime where they show the high school life of the MC where he was not a social person but misunderstandings lead all side characters to believe he is a Sakamoto-like existence , don’t know if you will actuary watch it or like it because iirc you didn’t like Barakamon that much)

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!( slice of life revolving on an art club in a certain middle school, and its members: Subaru Uchimaki, who is a genius at drawing faces, but only wants to draw the perfect 2D wife; Colette, a rich troublemaker who never stops making mischief; and the club president, who sleeps through sessions and collects sleeping aids. Mizuki Usami is the only person in the club who wants to do art club-like activities, and constantly struggles to do so.
    Recommended if you like slice of life’s or don’t have anything to watch)

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin( a good military light novel where we have an intelligent MC who wins wars with an unorthodox way of battle and that the whole plot revealed at the end of the first volume is interesting ,however I won’t get my hopes up because a light novel adaptation anime often comes as something that is really butchered and that has trouble with the world-building and how they might mess up the explanation of the strategies and they may use CGI and I’m not liking so far the character design
    Don’t expect you to watch it just what I am considering on watching )

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan
    (MC has a wide array of superpowers at his command, including telepathy and telekinesis. This might sound awesome, but, in the mc’s experience, superpowers are not all they’re cracked up to be.
    Comedy on esper powers if you’re bored you could try to watch it)

I’ll check out every show to see if they’re worth watching. I just have a list of shows that I will definitely focus on. I’ll add shows to the list if they prove to be interesting. I’m likely going to skip anything that is remotely slice-of-life, though. That’ll count out Handa-kun and the second show you mentioned. Yes, you’re right. I didn’t like Barakamon at all.

1. elior1

the only thing that i will be called harem in the new season is the so called femous visual novel rewrite which i have mix feelings about

1. Tim12

You have mixed feelings about it too? Not to make you more concerned, but the person in charge of scriptwriting is someone who only knows how to do comedy and moe scenes. It’s even more concerning that he/she keeps talking about how cute the main girl is in an interview rather than discussing about the actual story. Let’s hope Tanaka keeps the scriptwriter in check or else his work will fall flat.

1. elior1

what more worry me is the original 6 route but if this is going to be the girl i think it is then it not going to bad for original route. also i heard there many comedy scences in rewrite. so he could do good job in some episodes

2. Tim12

I’m okay with them handling the comedy. Looking at the original source, I actually find the comedy funny, unlike Little Busters. The question is which ones will they put in and how will it be shown in animation.

I’m slightly okay with an original. The one thing they regret is that the main heroine didn’t get enough of the spotlight, so this can be a good thing. Also, I recall the story of the original source material had flaws, so at least I don’t have to worry about seeing those again.

Not to be negative, but I’m glad Tonokawa isn’t part of scenario writing, since I find his writing really weak in this work.

6. ndqanhvn

I’m looking forward to your writing on Shokugeki no Soma. Really enjoy all information and comments about food you included in your posts.

I didn’t finish the first season, but I imagine I didn’t miss much. But have they done a ramen episode yet? ‘Cause I’ve been on a ramen binge lately, so it’s on the mind… my god, the tori paitan ramen I recently had at Mensho Tokyo is still on my mind.

1. ndqanhvn

Not yet I believe, but I think there is a ramen chapter in the section that have not been adapted into anime. I also love ramen..Actually you make me want to go out and eat ramen right now. Here in Kyoto there’s some very good store.

I tried a place recently that does tantanmen. I was excited about it, but the broth ended up being way too salty. What a waste of 12 bucks.

7. ndqanhvn

I’m not a fan of tantanmen either. Have you tried tsukemen EMinor? It could be very good. The soup is normally pretty thick though.

1. E Minor

Not yet. Ramen is a bit overpriced in San Francisco, and you don’t get as many variety. There’s actually a place near my work that does tsukemen, so I might try it the next time I get my paycheck.