Just Rambling: Christmas Edition

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, blah blah blah. Just a quick post today. In a few hours, I’ll probably drag myself to watch Downsizing or Father Figures, neither of which I’m too excited about. I just want to watch something, and those are the only movies I haven’t seen yet. That’s the problem when you watch all the good stuff as soon as they come out. I pretty much have nothing left for Christmas.

I’m still playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that’s only because I pretty much all but stopped bothering with the main story (it’s not very exciting) for the sake of grinding out rare blades. Well, what a joke that turned out to be. 120 rare cores and 20-something legendary cores later, and I managed to pull one rare blade: the nasty-looking Dahlia. That goes for most of the female character designs. I’ll take Nia over Homura/Hikari any day of the week, but then again, I’m not a dense JRPG protagonist. Anyway, 90% of the game is great, but the remaining 10% are just… ugh. For instance, I enjoy most of the side quests, but then you have trash like Ursula’s song and dance schtick that takes hours to complete. I guess I’ll rush to beat the story now so I can at least write a follow-up post.

As for the blog, it’s been pretty fun to come back and not just write again, but write with a slightly different approach. I keep hearing that this has been a disappointing season, but it seems about average to me. I’ve been at this for over eight years now, and most seasons only have two or three decent shows at most. That just about sums up the current season for me. I plan to keep going into the new year, but I’ve said that in the past only to disappear into thin air. But maybe it’ll be easier this time around, because I’m simply not trying to grow the blog anymore. I don’t care how many views I get anymore. Moe Sucks peaked around late 2014, and I probably only get a tenth of the views now that I got back then. And that’s fine. I’m busy with my career and I’m busy with my personal life, so I have to take a more casual approach to the blog. I think this will allow me to not burn out, but we’ll see. It’s been only one season.

Anyway, we still have a few shows left to wrap up. Namely, Just Because! and… I think Children of the Whales? I might also do a post summing up all the movies I’ve seen in the past three or four months, and that’ll include a long diatribe on how much I hate The Last Jedi. But for the most part, there won’t be very many posts until the winter season kicks off. Just a heads up to anyone who might wonder what’s going on with the updating schedule over the next week or two.

Advertisements

5 Replies to “Just Rambling: Christmas Edition”

  1. Merry everything to everyone from an otaku turning into hikikomori!
    I also enjojyed reading again this blog, it’s like adding some spices to the viewing experience.
    About the ending anime season, I found it quite rich of interesting shows, in fact I had time to watch just some series and saved others for later binge watching!

    Pierre

  2. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate reading them.

    This new approach seems more sustainable, I hope it carries on for a good while still.

    Happy holidays to you & your loved ones.

  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    I have no problem with your current approach to writing. Just take your time. I appreciate all the time and effort that you spare to write this blog.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.